Who longs for warm Summer nights around the campfire, roasting marshmallows and making S’mores?! I sure do right about now! This gluten free dessert bar is a great substitution in the off seasons and is a real crowd pleaser.
makes 9 large bars or cut in half for 18
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup Gluten Free Baking Flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 3/4 cups graham crackers- smashed up fine (I used Schar brand)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 5 chocolate bars (Hershey’s)
- 1 jar marshmallow fluff (NOT melted marshmallows!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9X9 square pan with coconut oil spray and set aside.
- In an electric mixer, cream together butter and both sugars until it becomes light and fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla, then mix until combined.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the gluten free flour, gluten free graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Whisk together then add to bowl of your mixer and combine with butter mixture. Set mixer on a low speed until combined.
- Divide the dough in half. Press half of the dough into an even layer on the bottom of your prepared pan.
- Unwrap the chocolate bars and line them up for the next layer. It will be like a puzzle, break the Hershey squares and fit them in.
- Spread the marshmallow fluff over the chocolate bars. HINT: The fluff is sticky! Use a silicon spoon to spread and keep the chocolate bars in place.
- For the top layer, place the second half of your dough into a large freezer Ziplock bag. Let the air out and seal closed. Use your palms to flatten it out on your counter top. Then using scissors, cut down one side and across the bottom of the bag, so that you can open it up like a book. Open it up carefully, so that the dough sticks flat on one side of the bag. Then flip it over, dough side down, on top of the marshmallow layer. Now, carefully peel the bag off of the top and even out the top layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until lightly browned. Let it cool completely on the countertop. Then refrigerate until cold BEFORE cutting your bars.
I hope that you enjoy these scrumptious Gluten Free S’mores bars! Our friends and family sure do. Being gluten free doesn’t mean that you have to miss out on yummy treats, once and a while! If you make them post a picture on social media and tag me!
For more recipes check out my downloadable Recipe Bundles (4 recipes in a particular category, WITH the shopping list included), on my site https://amygfgirl.com/recipes/
Follow me on Instagram and Facebook @amygfgirl for more gluten free lifestyle tips, products and recipes!